What is Infusion Treatment?
Your treatment may include medication that is delivered directly into your body through a blood vessel. This is called infusion. Infusion treatments can be used for treatment of cancerous (malignant) and non-cancerous (benign) diseases.
Infusion treatments at Guthrie:
- IM/SQ injections
- Blood transfusions including packed red blood cells/platelets and albumin
Infusion therapies at Guthrie:
- Electrolyte replacement
- Factor VIII
- IV immunoglobulin
- Insertion & maintenance of PICC & midline catheters
- Implanted central port maintenance
- Troubleshooting of central lines for outpatients
- Maintenance of Hickman catheters
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
Infusion Services at Guthrie
- Board-certified specialists: Our hematologist/oncologists have special advanced training in the care of cancerous and non-cancerous blood disorders.
- Infusion staff: Our infusion nurses are specially trained in your care and comfort. They are available to answer questions and address concerns.
- Infusion spaces: We have calm and comfortable infusion spaces that feature:
- Adjustable chairs
- Personal televisions
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Garden and outdoor views