Taking care of an incontinence issue can help restore your confidence. At Guthrie urology we can help you regain control over incontinence.
Urinary incontinence is a common medical condition in which the inability to hold urine inside the bladder results in involuntary leakage.
There are multiple types of incontinence
- Stress incontinence, the most common form, occurs when the internal sphincter muscles do not completely close around the bladder neck. Activities that apply pressure to the full bladder can cause leakage.
- Urge incontinence occurs when an overactive bladder contracts and cause leakage.
- Overflow incontinence occurs when the bladder becomes so full, typically a result of illness or injury, that it overflows.
How is urinary incontinence treated?
Our highly trained and experienced urologists are able to diagnose and treat incontinence in both men and women.
Available medical options for urinary incontinence include:
- Bladder retraining
When medical intervention does not resolve urinary incontinence, Guthrie urologists offer surgical options for male and female incontinence.
Our surgical options for incontinence include:
- Sling procedures
- Retropubic colposuspension
- Bladder neck needle susyoecsion
- Anterior vaginal repair
- Artificial urinary sphincter
Call 866-GUTHRIE (866-488-4743) to make your appointment.