Guthrie Achieves Information Technology Recognition
Guthrie was recently recognized for two categories of information technology advancement in healthcare. Guthrie received Stage 6 recognition by HIMSS Analytics for ambulatory services across the system and for Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital.
Stage 6 is awarded by HIMSS Analytics, a global healthcare advisor that provides insight to enable better health through the use of IT. The recognition is given to organizations that have achieved significant advancement in their IT capabilities.
Guthrie ambulatory services and Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital were recognized with Stage 6 by HIMSS for the following:
- significant commitments and investments in IT, giving Guthrie an advantage over competitors for patient safety, clinician support, clinician recruitment and competitive marketing for both consumers and nurse recruitment
- having an almost fully automated/paperless medical records when they have implemented their IT applications across most of the outpatient care settings
- are either starting to evaluate their data for care delivery process improvements or have already documented significant improvements in this area
- making investments that are within reach of most clinics and recognize the strategic value of improving patient care with the EMR
- having begun to create strategic alignments with their medical staff to effectively utilize information technology to improve patient engagement and population health
- being well positioned to provide data to key stakeholders to support electronic health record environments and health information exchanges
About HIMSS Analytics
HIMSS Analytics is a global healthcare advisor, providing guidance and market intelligence solutions that move the industry forward with insight to enable better health through the use of IT. As a trusted healthcare research and advisory firm, the industry depends on HIMSS Analytics’ resources, benchmarks, predictive models and assessment tools to improve decision making regarding their IT strategic roadmap and market strategy. HIMSS Analytics is uniquely positioned and differentiated through its industry focused offerings which include its Healthcare IT market intelligence tool, Healthcare IT insights and Healthcare IT benchmarks and services. The LOGIC market intelligence tool has the largest technology data set with unmatched breadth and depth needed for guiding healthcare IT strategies. HIMSS Analytics research and advisory consultants uncover unique insights on how to optimally use IT to tackle today’s healthcare challenges faced by both healthcare delivery organizations and IT companies. Its EMR Adoption Model (EMRAM) provides a strategic roadmap and guidance along an 8-stage model with comparisons to healthcare organizations in the same country and around the world.
HIMSS Analytics, a wholly owned subsidiary of HIMSS, is the healthcare research and advisory firm for healthcare delivery organizations, IT companies, governmental entities and financial, pharmaceutical, consulting and emerging technology solution partners worldwide. Visit himssanalytics.org for more information.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from an 11-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., and Troy, Pa., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers in a regional office network encompassing 47 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities throughout Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at six convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.