Medical Grand Rounds - "Update on Opioid Crisis and Alternatives"
Presenter: Michael Bottros, MD, Clinical Operations and Medical Director for Pain Services; Associate Professor, Anesthesiology, Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Address the challenges associated with the management of acute and chronic pain
- List best practices for pain management involving opioids
- Utilize alternative treatment modalities to treat and manage pain appropriately
- Refer to a pain specialist, when appropriate
- Define CURES regulation requirement and utilize CURES website effectively
- Consider ethnic, cultural, and societal issues surrounding the use of opioids in managing acute and chronic pain and address these issues appropriately
Date, Time and Location: Friday, January 13, 2023 at noon on Microsoft Teams®
Register: Email Trish.Stern@guthrie.org to be included.
This program is intended for: Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Fellows, Residents, Medical and Nursing Students, and other Ancillary Healthcare Caregivers.
Accreditation Statement: “The Guthrie Clinic is accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
Designation Statement: “The Guthrie Clinic designates this live activity for a maximum of (1.0) AMA PRA Category I Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.”
Disclosure Statement: “Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of continuing medical education activities provided by The Guthrie Clinic are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent relevant financial relationships related to this educational activity.” “The presenting faculty/planning committee for this educational activity have no relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.”