The Guthrie Clinic IRB Research Study Submission Process
The following information will help you in the process for submitting a research study protocol.
Step 1: Education
You must first obtain training in human subjects protection: Download Here
Step 2: Writing the Protocol
A research proposal must include elements as listed in the Protocol document below.
The Research and Education Coordinator, Sarah Mattison, MPH is available to assist with your protocol development. Contact Sarah at email@example.com
Step 3: Compiling other research documents
Depending on your research proposal, you may have additional documents that will be needed for IRB approval of your project. These documents include:
- Informed Consent documents
- Questionnaires, surveys, interview questions, etc.
- Any recruitment materials such as emails, letters, scripts, advertisements, posters, flyers etc.
- Any other information that will be used by research subjects
We will be happy to will help you obtain the correct form for initial review.
Please plan your project in advance to allow time for IRB review.
- Informed Consent Form
- Consent for Use of Tissue and Health Records for Research
- Application to Conduct Research Using Existing Medical Records
- Exempt Application
- Application to Conduct Human Subjects Research
- Application to Amend an Approved Protocol or Consent Form OR Communication
- Application for Continuing Review of Research
- UPIRSO Reporting Form
- Noncompliance Report Form
- Final Report - Study Closure