Radiology Technology graduates have multiple career options in hospitals, imaging centers, medical clinics and mobile units. The Mansfield-Robert Packer program has an excellent reputation and graduates from this program have a successful rate of employment in diagnostic radiology. With additional education or training, radiographers can pursue employment in specialty areas including mammography, ultrasound, MRI, CT, radiation therapy, nuclear medicine and vascular interventional radiography. Graduates who pursue a baccalaureate degree may be considered for education or administrative positions.
- The program is accredited, so standards of excellence are met and students are assured of a quality education.
- The program offers an intensive clinical experience in a small town atmosphere.
- The clinical site, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital has been named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Thomson Reuters.
- Students gain experience using state-of-the art digital radiographic equipment and the student/teacher ratio is low.
- The program has an outstanding pass rate on the certification examination.
- Second-year students may work as tech aides in the radiology department outside of program hours earning a salary and increasing competency.
- A Bloomsburg University Baccalaureate Degree option which includes specialty area training is available after graduation.