Urology Opportunity in Cortland, NY
Fully equipped urology surgical practice and supporting staff.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie is seeking BC/BE candidates for a Urologist to join their growing department in Cortland/Ithaca, NY.
Highlights of the Position
- Position would be based in Cortland, NY with travel to new Ithaca City Harbor clinic.
- APP support for clinical setting and inpatient rounding
- DaVinci Robot onsite in Sayre for complex robotic cases
- Typical work week is Monday though Friday 2 days OR and 3 days clinic.
- Experienced or newly graduated candidates are equally welcome.
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance with Tail Coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- $500,000-$575,000 annual compensation
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid up to $15,000
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a 162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
- Acute and Inpatient care
- Cancer care
- Emergency care
- Infusion services
- Labor and delivery care
- Laboratory services
- Imaging and Radiology
- Mental Health service
- Outpatient Therapy services
- Respiratory services
- Surgical services
Cortland, NY, is a city of 17,556 and home to a quaint downtown with a collection of attractions, restaurants, accommodations, and recreational activities. Cortland County is the Eastern Gateway to the Finger Lakes Region and is located midway between Syracuse to the north and Binghamton to the south. This area is home to two centers of higher learning, SUNY Cortland and Tompkins Cortland Community College.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery