Optometry - Ithaca, NY
$10,000 Starting Bonus! Guthrie is seeking an Optometrist to support its brand new facility in Ithaca, NY!
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie Medical Group has an opening for an full time Optometrist to join its department in Ithaca, NY.
Highlights of the Position
- Guthrie's Department of Ophthalmology is a highly successful dynamic and growing multi specialty group with 10 Optometrists and 11 Ophthalmologists Cataract/Comprehensive as well as subspecialists in Retina Glaucoma Cornea Ocular Pathology Oculoplastic and 1 Pediatrics
- Our highly trained Optometrists practice medical optometry working closely and co-managing patients with our ophthalmologists
- Position will be allocated 3 exam rooms
- Diagnostic testing at this location includes Visual Fields OCT and Fundus Photography
- Position is supported by 2 ophthalmic technicians who will provide patient work ups and diagnostic testing
Work Life Balance
- Weekly hours of Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- No call requirement
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- $10,000 Starting Bonus!
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study with option of converting one week into additional PTO.
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Cortland, NY, is a city of 17,556 and home to a quaint downtown with a collection of attractions, restaurants, accommodations, and recreational activities. Cortland County is the Eastern Gateway to the Finger Lakes Region and is located midway between Syracuse to the north and Binghamton to the south. This area is home to two centers of higher learning, SUNY Cortland and Tompkins Cortland Community College.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery