Ophthalmology - Cornea Specialist - The Guthrie Clinic
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking a BC/BE Ophthalmologist focusing on a high volume cataract surgery practice. Our comprehensive team consists of 10 ophthalmologists including Retina Glaucoma Oculoplastic Cornea Ocular Pathology Pediatric Cataract and General specialties in addition to support by 9 medical based optometrists.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION
- Well-established high-volume Practice
- Recent acquisition of five clinic private practice indicative of commitment to growth
- Ophthalmic and optometric referral base spanning over 7 counties in the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania and Southern Tier of New York
- Emergency call rotation of 1:9 (call is 1 week out of every 9 weeks)
- Dedicated team of support staff including ophthalmic and diagnostic technicians
- State-of-the-art operating rooms designed specifically for Ophthalmology
- Dedicated operating support team with established 'On Call Eye Team'
- Clinical support of highly trained and experienced medical Optometrists
- Access to all diagnostics lab services and vast multi-specialty group of providers throughout Guthrie
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies.
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie's General Surgery Residency offers the opportunity for clinical academic appointment. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid for qualified applicants
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Contact Name:Stefano Ringer