Infectious Disease - Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
As an APP provider, you will be an integral member of our infectious disease department. You will play a vital role in providing exceptional patient care and helping to combat the challenges posed by infectious diseases. We hope you will join our dynamic healthcare team in Sayre, Pennsylvania.
- Collaborate with physicians and other healthcare professionals to diagnose, treat, and manage patients with infectious diseases.
- Conduct comprehensive patient assessments, including medical histories, physical examinations, and ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Develop and implement treatment plans, including prescribing medications and administering treatments.
- Educate patients and their families about infectious diseases, prevention strategies, and the importance of adherence to treatment plans.
- Monitor and evaluate patient responses to treatments, making adjustments as necessary.
- Assist in infection control efforts and participate in the development and implementation of infection prevention protocols.
- Stay up to date with the latest research, trends, and best practices in the field of infectious diseases.
- No call
- Mon-Fri 8a-5p
- Mostly outpatient care with eventual mix of inpatient consults
- Typical number of patients 16-22
- New position due to growth
- Current certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Master's degree from an accredited program.
- Certification as an Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner with a strong background in infectious diseases preferred.
- New grads welcome to apply or minimum of two years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the field of infectious diseases, in an outpatient clinic or hospital setting preferable.
- Strong clinical skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare teams.
- Proficiency in electronic medical records (EMR) and other relevant healthcare technologies.
- Commitment to providing patient-centered, evidence-based care.
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits:
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals.
- Meeting time - 7 days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses for qualified candidates
- Accompanying partner placement assistance available
- APP counsel and other leadership opportunities
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Guthrie is a fully integrated healthcare system servicing Northeast Pennsylvania and the Southern Tier region of New York. With six hospitals and 76 regional offices in a 13-county catchment area, our team of nearly 1,000 Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provides more than 2 million patient visits annually.