Dermatology - $150K Loan Repayment, Ithaca, NY
Exciting opportunity at brand new facility in Ithaca NY!
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Dermatologist to join its busy well-established practice.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Were glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Highlights of the Position
- Participate in the building of a growing Dermatology program that includes a Dermatopathologist and has access to a strong network of primary care physicians
- Services include patch testing for allergic contact dermatitis investigation and treatment of common and rare skin diseases or tumors local and systemic treatment of psoriasis and UVB phototherapy
- Cosmetic and aesthetic services such as botox dermal fillers chemical peels scleropathy laser and light-based therapies
- Specialized equipment includes: Excimer Laser Sciton Joule Laser KTP Laser Alexandrite Laser Elos plus IPL and RF laser Aerolase
- Perform all phases of dermatology; all forms of cutaneous disease in adults and children
Work Life Balance
- Generous Paid Time Off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong internal referral network
- Financial support for candidates wishing to pursue or currently in the process of completing a fellowship.
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- The pay range for this position is $450k - $600k
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities: Guthrie's 6 residency and 3 fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Located at the foot of Cayuga Lake, Ithaca has a population of 32,108. Home to over 150 waterfalls within a 10-mile radius, the area offers some of the region's best hiking and outdoor activities. The vibrant downtown area is home to many restaurants offering worldwide cuisine. The Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, the nation's oldest and longest-running wine trail, begins in Ithaca. Cornell University and Ithaca College are firmly rooted in the community and attract students from all over the globe.
Guthrie is a fully integrated healthcare system servicing Northeast Pennsylvania and the Southern Tier region of New York. With six hospitals and 76 regional offices in a 13-county catchment area, our team of nearly 1,000 Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provides more than 2 million patient visits annually.