Orthopedic Hand Surgeon
Seeking a highly skilled BC/BE Orthopedic Hand Surgeon to join our established practice in Big Flats, NY - Fellowship training strongly encouraged
Our surgeons are specialty trained and offer the latest technological advancements while remaining committed to improving health through clinical excellence and compassion; Every Patient. Every Time. Could this opportunity be right for you?
Highlights of the Position
- Join an established Orthopedic Practice with a strong referral base
- Schedule starts with 2 days OR and 3 days clinic
- Opportunity to regionalize to other Guthrie locations for practice growth
- Procedures at Big Flats Same Day Surgery Center, the region's first multispecialty ambulatory surgical center of its kind
- 1:5 call with APP coverage
- Medical School Faculty appointments available through GCSOM
- Leadership opportunities and support for further education.
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- $625,000 base salary + $50,000 starting bonus
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie's residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Big Flats is located in Chemung County, NY, between Corning to the west and Elmira to the east. Big Flats is home to Harris Hill, known as the "Soaring Capital of America." This area offers two nearby higher education institutions, Elmira College and Corning Community College. The Southern Tier Gateway to the Finger Lakes, this area provides the best of four-season activities. Elmira Corning Regional Airport offers easy access to worldwide travel.
Guthrie is a fully integrated healthcare system servicing Northeast Pennsylvania and the Southern Tier region of New York. With six hospitals and 76 regional offices in a 13-county catchment area, our team of nearly 1,000 Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provides more than 2 million patient visits annually.