Radiation Oncology - Corning, NY
Guthrie Radiation Oncology in Corning, New York
Guthrie is seeking candidates for a BC/BE Radiation Oncologist to join our growing oncology service line in its Corning, NY location.
- Integrated clinical trials capabilities in radiation oncology and oncology
- Collaborative multi-specialty practice with strong referral base and a busy medical oncology practice
- Patient Navigation and Social Worker services available
- Full time palliative care consultation service
- Comprehensive cancer site specific weekly tumor conferences
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and American College of Radiation Oncology certified
- Member of the Mayo Clinic network with full access to electronic second opinions (including radiation oncology, oncology, surgical oncology, pathology, and radiology)
- Varian linear accelerators at 3 clinical sites with capability for VMAT, SRS and SBRT (HIGRT)
- HDR brachytherapy via Varian remote after-loader
- Robust LDR brachytherapy and SpaceOAR programs for prostate cancer
- ARIA oncology information system with Eclipse treatment planning system (with ClearCheck and EZFluence software)
- Robust EHR used in all areas (Epic 10-star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities –The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in the medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing Spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.