Ophthalmology - Comprehensive/Cataract - Corning, NY
Seeking Comprehensive/Cataract Ophthalmologist for Guthrie's growing Specialty Eye Care
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking a BC/BE Ophthalmologist focusing on a high-volume cataract surgery practice. Our comprehensive team consists of 10 ophthalmologists, including Retina, Glaucoma, Oculoplastic Cornea, Ocular Pathology, Pediatric Cataract, and General specialties, in addition to support from nine medical-based optometrists.
Highlights of the Position
- Starting Salary of $380K - $420K plus RVUs
- Well-established and high-volume Practice
- Ophthalmic and Optometric referral base spanning over 7counties in the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania and Southern Tier of New York
- Emergency call rotation of 1:9 (1 week out of every 9 weeks)
- Dedicated team of support staff, including ophthalmic and diagnostic technicians
- State-of-the-art operating rooms designed specifically for Ophthalmology
- Dedicated operating support team with established 'On Call Eye Team'
- Clinical support of highly trained and experienced medical Optometrists
- Access to all diagnostics lab services and a vast multi-specialty group of providers throughout Guthrie
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications and membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies.
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie's General Surgery Residency offers the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Home to 10,500 residents, Corning has been described as one of "America's best small towns." Historic Market Street in Corning's Gaffer District boasts over one hundred boutique shops, bakeries, art galleries, craft beverage producers, and farm-to-table restaurant options. The Gaffer District hosts unique events every season, such as the Wineglass Marathon, GlassFest, and Sparkle. The Corning Museum of Glass welcomes thousands of visitors annually and offers live glassblowing shows and demonstrations. Upstate New York's only Smithsonian Affiliate, The Rockwell Museum, holds a world-class collection of Western and contemporary Native American Art and other rotating exhibits.
Guthrie is a fully integrated healthcare system servicing Northeast Pennsylvania and the Southern Tier region of New York. With six hospitals and 76 regional offices in a 13-county catchment area, our team of nearly 1,000 Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provides more than 2 million patient visits annually.