Gastroentrologist Wanted to Enhance Patient Care at The Guthrie Clinic
Guthrie Medical Group seeks a Board Certified/Board Eligible Gastroenterologist to join its busy well-established practice at our flagship hospital in Sayre, PA. Join a system that is Physician-Led and Physician-Driven.
Highlights of the Position
- Join a collegial tenured group of Gastroenterologists and Nurse Practitioners
- Special consideration to those interested in inflammatory bowel disease
- Provide diagnosis prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal and liver diseases
- Teaching opportunities with regular rotations of residents and medical students and a Gastroenterology Fellowship
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Flexible schedule
- Generous Paid Time Off with additional holiday and sick time
- Company sponsored childcare partner
- Engagement in Culture and Community Activism
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Guaranteed Two-Year Salary with conversion to Productivity Model in Year Three
- Robust and internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance, including tail coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- $200k incentive bonus
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- 3,400 annually for conference registration certifications and membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities
- Guthrie's six residency and three fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities are available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Accompanying Partner placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high-quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated healthcare delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has always remained strong.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, PA, has received numerous national awards for the high-quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is the region's only Level I Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical, and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level I Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
Located on the Pennsylvania and New York border, Sayre is part of the larger community known as the Penn-York Valley or simply "The Valley." The other communities comprise Athens, PA, South Waverly, PA, and Waverly, NY. The combined population of these communities is 35,000. The Valley offers scenic countryside and rural living with easy access to larger areas such as Corning, NY, Ithaca, NY, and Binghamton, NY. I-86 is only minutes away and offers a direct route to Elmira and Binghamton, NY airports.
Guthrie is a fully integrated healthcare system servicing Northeast Pennsylvania and the Southern Tier region of New York. With six hospitals and 76 regional offices in a 13-county catchment area, our team of nearly 1,000 Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provides more than 2 million patient visits annually.