Bariatric Medicine - Sayre, PA
Work with a collaborative multidisciplinary team dedicated to the treatment of Obesity and Obesity-related comorbidities.
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Bariatrician to join its weight loss center in Sayre PA.
Highlights of the Position
- New growth opportunity within Bariatrics with excellent support from administration
- 100% Outpatient Bariatric Practice
- Established practice/clinic - over ten years old.
- Fully staffed support team - Practice includes Bariatricians Bariatric Surgeon Dietitian Certified Diabetes Educator Certified Fitness Specialist Clinical Psychologist Practice Manager Program Coordinators dedicated nursing staff and additional team members
- Emphasis on multidisciplinary team approach to patient care
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence with full accreditation as an MBSAQIP comprehensive center
- Free-standing and modern clinic facilities with several Body Composition Analysis scales on site - Bioelectric Impeadance Inbody
- Multi-specialty Integrated Healthcare System
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Candidate must be BE/BC with the American Board of Obesity Medicine
Work Life Balance
- Advanced practice provider support within the clinic setting
- Generous Paid Time Off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above average compensation package
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study with option of converting one week into additional PTO.
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie's seven residency and three fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Located on the Pennsylvania and New York border, Sayre is part of the larger community known as the Penn-York Valley or simply "The Valley." The other communities comprise Athens, PA, South Waverly, PA, and Waverly, NY. The combined population of these communities is 35,000. The Valley offers scenic countryside and rural living with easy access to larger areas such as Corning, NY, Ithaca, NY, and Binghamton, NY. I-86 is only minutes away and offers a direct route to Elmira and Binghamton, NY airports.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery