Guthrie is a Thomson Reuters Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital, and its cardiologists have a successful track record for being among the best in the nation.
Guthrie interventional cardiologists have the expertise to perform non-surgical procedures to treat cardiovascular disease. These minimally invasive procedures often eliminate the need for complex heart surgery.
Guthrie cardiologists use the latest technology in the catheterization lab and perform numerous procedures, including:
- Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Cardiac catheterization
- Carotid angiography and stenting
- Coronary angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy and thrombectomy
- High-risk coronary angioplasty using left ventricular assist devices
- Non-surgical repair of ASD and PFO
- Peripheral vascular angiography and stenting
- Renal angiography and stenting
- Transradial catheterization