Guthrie’s Cardiac Rehabilitation programs are nationally certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). AACVPR certification assures that Guthrie’s programs meet the rigorous standards of care for cardiac rehabilitation. Certified programs have all been organized under exacting policies and procedures, and meet the standards of the AACVPR for program quality.
Guthrie’s approach to cardiac rehabilitation is progressive and multi-disciplinary. The program is designed to help people who have experienced a cardiac event or heart disease recover faster and return to full and productive lives.
The cardiac rehabilitation program may:
- strengthen the heart and cardiovascular system
- improve cholesterol and blood sugar control
- lower blood pressure
- help to maintain a safe body weight
- increase a patient’s activity level
Whether a patient is recovering from a heart attack, an angioplasty or cardiac surgery, Guthrie’s comprehensive three-phase cardiac conditioning program can help speed their recovery and reduce the risk and severity of future heart disease.
Three-Phase Cardiac Conditioning Program
- Phase I - Begins while a patient is still in the hospital. It consists of an education program and minimal exercise, including short walks around their room and down the hall.
- Phase II - A customized outpatient program, featuring telemetry monitoring, supervised exercise, nutrition counseling, stress management and learning about risk factors.
- Phase III - Provides outpatient maintenance through ongoing monitoring, support and education.