Each birthing experience is different, which is why First Impressions Birthing Center at Robert Packer Hospital and The Birthplace at Corning Hospital offer a variety of specialty care features designed to meet your and your baby’s individual needs. You will find that many of these services are not available elsewhere in the region.
Each offer a warm, homelike and private setting with experienced staff on hand everyday who are prepared for the delivery of your child. All of our nurses are cross-trained in labor and delivery, postpartum, and nursery care to provide you with continuous care throughout your stay. A complete team of expert trained professionals are here to provide you with personalized maternity care options including:
- Obstetrician - A medical doctor specially trained in prenatal care and childbirth who handles the health care of women before and during pregnancy.
- Certified nurse-midwife - A health care professional, often with a nursing background, who cares for healthy pregnant women, with an emphasis on teaching, labor support and child birthing options.
- Family practitioner - A physician trained to handle all aspects of family care, including childbirth and care of mother and baby after birth.
- Epidural on request – Available 24 hours a day for pain management upon request.
- Newborn care - A pediatrician, experienced in the care of newborns, is on staff 24 hours a day. Our Level II nursery is equipped to deliver high-level newborn care in time-critical situations.
- Advanced security system - Each newborn is fitted with a special bracelet for added security. If an attempt is made to remove a newborn from the birthing center, an alarm sounds as the baby nears an exit and the doors automatically lock.
View our virtual gallery of newborns