Guthrie’s allergy specialists can be seen without a referral. Recurrent colds and sinus, throat and ear infections; hives, coughing and breathing difficulties, may all be signs of allergies.
Allergies can be treated in many different ways depending on the patient and the allergy. Some are treated with medications and some are treated with allergy shots. Guthrie physicians are certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology to treat the most complex and difficult allergy cases.
Diagnostic procedures include:
- Allergy testing for foods, medications, bees, year round and seasonal allergens
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Lung and breathing analysis
- Fiberoptic rhinolaryngoscopy for laryngeal nasal anatomy
- Nasal secretion sample for sensitivities
- Exercise treadmill for diagnosis and treatment of exercise-related shortness of breath
- Patch testing