For interfacility patient transfers and consults.
Operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
One Call Transfer Center at Guthrie eliminates the frustrating maze of phone calls it takes to get your patient from one facility to another.
Just call 1-866-336-7172 to expedite time-sensitive emergency transfers and nonemergent transfers to our tertiary services here at Guthrie and we will take care of the rest.
When you call the Transfer Center, the Coordinator will gather basic patient information, including the patient’s name, DOB, reason for transfer, referring MD and referring hospital.
- The Coordinator will then page the on-call physician for the requested service and conference the physicians for report.
- All communication is on a recorded line.
- If the patient is accepted, the Coordinator will arrange for transportation if requested, ask you to fax a demographic Sheet to 570-887-4939 and work on securing a bed.
- The Coordinators will always call the sending facility back to notify them once the bed is ready, provide you with the number to call nurse report to and provide you with the room number the patient will be going to.
- Please prepare a copy of the patient’s chart and copies of all pertinent studies related to the reason for transfer- for example lab work, EKGs, CT’s, Xrays’s, etc.