Guthrie is now offering MAKOplasty®, a robotic arm-assisted, surgeon-guided partial knee replacement designed to relieve the pain caused by joint degeneration due to osteoarthritis (OA). By selectively replacing only the part of your knee damaged by OA, we can resurface your knee while sparing the healthy bone and ligaments surrounding it. This procedure results in a more rapid recovery and shorter hospital stay than traditional knee replacement surgery. Guthrie is the first in the region to offer MAKOplasty®.
- Result in a more rapid recovery and shorter hospital stay than traditional total knee replacement surgery
- Enable surgeons to precisely resurface only the damaged portion of the knee
- Preserve healthy tissue and bone
- Facilitate optimal implant positioning to result in a more natural feeling knee following surgery
Are you a candidate for MAKOplasty®?
Typically, MAKOplasty patients exhibit the following characteristics:
- Knee pain with activity, usually on the inner knee and/or under the knee cap, or the outer knee
- Start up knee pain or stiffness when activities are initiated from a sitting position
- Failure to respond to non-surgical treatments or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call:
- Corning, NY: 607-936-9970
- Sayre, Pa: 570-887-2841
- MAKOplasty® Frequently Asked Questions