The Guthrie Laboratory provides more than 1,000 different tests to physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies, industries and other health care providers. Guthrie’s laboratory specialties include anatomic/surgical pathology, cytology, transfusion services, clinical chemistry, hematology and coagulation, serology, microbiology, and flow cytometry.
Client Services Dept.
One Guthrie Square
Sayre, PA 18840
Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Erwin Healthworks Collection Hours:
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
The Guthrie Laboratory is fully authorized by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Care Financing Administration, to accept and perform laboratory testing on human specimens. The Guthrie Laboratory is accredited by the following:
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- The New York State Department of Health
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendments (CLIA ‘88)
- The American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)