Due to COVID-19, Guthrie hospitals has implemented restrictions to visitation. To protect patients and staff, the following visitation guidelines are in place at all Guthrie hospitals, skilled nursing units and long-term care facilities.
Hospital visitation is permitted as follows:
All visitors must wear a mask and be screened for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms.
Inpatients may have visitors from 10 a.m. to noon and from 4 to 6 p.m. each day. Two persons at a time may visit, and visitors should leave the facility when not visiting a patient.
Visitors are also allowed in the following situations:
- Obstetrics Patients: may be accompanied by two persons which would include one visitor and a doula or two visitors if you do not have a doula.
- Pediatrics Patents: may have two visitors.
- Surgical/Procedural Outpatient: may have one visitor during intake and discharge.
- Emergency Department Patients: may have two visitors.
- A patient at end-of-life is permitted up to two visitors.
- Other situations with extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
Please do not visit if you have a fever over 100 degrees, if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Children under 18 are not permitted at this time.
Guthrie Medical Group
Visitor attendance at visits is discouraged. Exceptions include visits for children or elderly, those who need assistance to walk or understand the physician’s instruction or who have cognitive or sensory limitations.
We understand that restricted visitation is difficult for our patients and their families. In an effort to help families navigate these challenging times, Guthrie staff is helping to connect patients via virtual video visits with family and loved ones who cannot visit in person.
Restrictions for Patient Support Person in Oncology
- Guthrie Corning Cancer Center: One visitor is permitted for outpatient visits, infusions, and radiation oncology.
- Guthrie Cortland Cancer Center: One support person is allowed at infusion centers, outpatient visits, and radiation oncology according to New York State guidelines.
- Guthrie Cancer Center, Sayre: One visitor is permitted for outpatient visits, infusions, and radiation oncology.
- Guthrie Wellsboro Infusion Center: One visitor is permitted for outpatient visits and infusions.