Putting Patients First - Health and Safety during COVID-19
Patient safety was a top priority before the COVID-19 outbreak and now, more than ever, Guthrie is doing everything we can to ensure that patient safety is at the center of everything we do.
In addition to the stringent cleaning procedures that were in place prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, Guthrie has implemented a number of additional measures to ensure the safety of our patients, their family members and our providers.
We screen everyone who enters the building, including patients, their family members and staff, to determine their risk for COVID-19.
Masks Still Required In Guthrie Facilities
While we are encouraged that Pennsylvania and other states across the country have discontinued certain masking requirements, Guthrie continues its commitment to protecting patients, visitors and staff by requiring masking in all of its facilities in both New York and Pennsylvania. Guthrie’s continued masking requirements are in accordance with current CDC guidelines which encourage masking in healthcare facilities.
Other safety procedures have been put in place at the following Guthrie locations:
Our Clinics and Offices
- We ask that everyone socially distance whenever possible. To make social distancing more convenient, we’ve placed marks on the floor to illustrate the safe social distance.
- We are limiting the number of people in our waiting rooms. If sitting in the waiting room is necessary, chairs are spaced six feet apart.
- Many of our providers offer a telemedicine option for some visits. Ask about telemedicine when you make an appointment.
Our Emergency Departments
- 911 Emergency Medical Service (EMS) providers offer safe emergency transportation to the hospital by ambulance.
- Everyone who comes to the hospital, including staff, is screened to see if they are at high risk for having COVID-19.
- All patients are escorted directly to a room. Patients will not wait in general waiting areas.
- Patient rooms go through an extensive cleaning process after patients leave.
In addition to the safety precautions taken at our all facilities, per the guidelines of the states of Pennsylvania and New York, we have limited visitors at the hospitals. Please review visitor guidelines.
HealthWorks Wellness and Fitness Center
- Masks will be required at all times while indoors for all HealthWorks visitors and staff, regardless of vaccination status.
- Please come prepared with your own suitable mask. Bandanas and neck gaiters will not be permitted.
- If you are medically unable to tolerate a face covering, please call 607-937-5555 to let us know. We can place your account on “Medical Freeze” until masking guidelines are lifted or until you are able to tolerate a mask.
- When using the pool at HealthWorks, please wear a mask in the pool area, and remove the mask before entering the water. Visitors must put masks back on after exiting the pool.
The health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is of the utmost importance to us. If you have concerns about safety at any of our facilities, you are always welcome to speak to someone at the facility.