Putting Patients First - Health and Safety during COVID-19
Patient safety was a top priority before the COVID-19 outbreak and now, more than ever, Guthrie is doing everything we can to ensure that patient safety is at the center of everything we do.
In addition to the stringent cleaning procedures that were in place prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, Guthrie has implemented a number of additional measures to ensure the safety of our patients, their family members and our providers.
We screen everyone who enters the building, including patients, their family members and staff, to determine their risk for COVID-19.
Additionally, we require everyone to wear a mask in all Guthrie facilities.
Other safety procedures have been put in place at the following Guthrie locations:
Our Clinics and Offices
- We ask that everyone socially distance whenever possible. To make social distancing more convenient, we’ve placed marks on the floor to illustrate the safe social distance.
- We are limiting the number of people in our waiting rooms. If sitting in the waiting room is necessary, chairs are spaced six feet apart.
- Many of our providers offer a telemedicine option for some visits. Ask about telemedicine when you make an appointment.
Our Emergency Departments
- 911 Emergency Medical Service (EMS) providers offer safe emergency transportation to the hospital by ambulance.
- Everyone who comes to the hospital, including staff, is screened to see if they are at high risk for having COVID-19.
- All patients are escorted directly to a room. Patients will not wait in general waiting areas.
- Patient rooms go through an extensive cleaning process after patients leave.
In addition to the safety precautions taken at our all facilities, per the guidelines of the states of Pennsylvania and New York, we have limited visitors at the hospitals. Please review visitor guidelines.
HealthWorks Wellness and Fitness Center
- In addition to the mask requirements in place at all Guthrie facilities, New York State has mask requirements for gyms and fitness centers. Learn more about them here.
- The equipment is spaced six feet apart to allow for social distancing.
- We are limiting the number of people in classes, the pool area and in the overall facility.
- Some classes and amenities may be temporarily closed due to state regulations.
- The facilities are sanitized regularly, including showers that are cleaned before every use.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray are available throughout the facility.
The health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is of the utmost importance to us. If you have concerns about safety at any of our facilities, you are always welcome to speak to someone at the facility.