How to Protect Yourself
Vaccination is your best defense against COVID. Protect yourself by also taking the steps below.
- Stay away from people who are sick both outside and inside your home.
- When outside the home, maintain good social distancing -- six feet of distance from others.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a cloth covering when around others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect your home and workspace frequently.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially if they are visibly dirty, and after using the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Monitor your health by being alert to COVID-19 symptoms.
How to Wear Face Covering Correctly
- Wash your hands before putting on your face covering.
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face.
- Make sure you can breathe easily.
- Keep the covering on your face the entire time you’re in public.
- Don’t put the covering around your neck or upon your forehead.