Troy, Pa. – Today, Guthrie announced the New Guthrie Troy Community Hospital will be located on a 35 acre parcel on Route 6 within Troy Township. The entrance to the hospital will be on Route 6 just west of Martha Lloyd Community Services campus.
Staci Covey, President of Guthrie Troy Community Hospital, said, “Building the new medical campus on a larger parcel of land will allow services and departments to be reorganized around the needs of patients. It will also allow for future growth as the community needs grow.” She added, “We are excited that this project is moving forward and we will be breaking ground in early summer.”
The new, $30 million 65,000 square foot medical campus will replace the existing hospital and physician office facilities. The modern facilities will give all inpatients private rooms providing additional privacy and comfort to patients, while helping staff manage the unique medical needs of each patient. The new facility will allow the hospital's infrastructure to be built to today's standards and will also support Guthrie’s efforts in recruiting and retaining outstanding physicians and clinical staff.
Some of the features of the new hospital medical campus include the following:
- Inpatient rooms will be private rooms. This will give patients and family members the privacy and comfort they expect and deserve.
- Outpatient areas of the hospital will be built with enough square footage and the appropriate infrastructure to fit the larger technology of today's medicine.
- A larger Emergency Department with more treatment bays will result in patients spending less time waiting to receive care.
- A helipad built near the new campus will save precious minutes of transport time, important when taking critically ill or injured patients to the nearest trauma center.
- Primary care and specialty care physician offices on the same campus provides convenience for patients and enhances the delivery of high-quality health care services.
- Technology infrastructure upgrades will support the use of patient electronic health records, as well as teleconferencing and telemedicine, all key to a critical access hospital's connection to acute care physicians and specialists.
Guthrie Health is a community-based, not-for-profit health care system jointly formed by Guthrie Healthcare System (GHS) and Guthrie Clinic, also not-for-profit health care organizations. GHS provides inpatient, outpatient and home-based services through Corning Hospital, Troy Community Hospital, Robert Packer Hospital, and Guthrie Home Care and Guthrie Hospice. Guthrie Clinic provides primary and specialty physician services at 25 regional clinics. Guthrie Health provides care for 200,000 patients annually within its eleven-county service area across the northern tier of Pennsylvania and the southern tier of New York.