Sayre, Pa. – The Mabel Lamberson Awards are given each year to nurses employed by Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital. The awards are made possible by a generous donation from Ms. Lamberson, who graduated from the Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital School of Nursing in 1909.
There were four Lamberson scholarships given this year to help nurses continue their education:
• Pam Felt, BSN, RN-C, Behavioral Health Unit, pursuing a MSN
• Lori Jewett, BSN, RN, CDN, Dialysis, pursuing a MSN
• Marsha Romberger, RN, CCRN, ICU, pursuing a BSN
• Teri O'Brien, RN, ONC, 5 Main, pursuing a BSN
The recipients of the 2013 Lamberson Nursing awards are:
• Linda Cass, RN-C Behavioral Health Unit, “Excellence in Nursing Care Award”
• Rachel Ferraro, RN, CCRN, ICU Excellence in “Nursing Leadership Award”
• Heather Hadlock, RRT, Post Recovery Unit, “Nursing Support Staff Award”
Also awarded was the Kathleen Rich Nursing Continuing Education scholarship. This endowment was given by her family in memory of their mother to honor her career in nursing and her belief that nurses need to continue their education towards a BSN. The recipients are:
• Marsha Romberger, RN, CCRN, ICU
• Teri O'Brien, RN, ONC, 5 Main
Also presented was the Friend of Nursing Award. This honor goes to a person who significantly supports the nursing department and allows it to perform at its very best. The award was presented to Food and Nutrition Director Henry Farley to thank him for going above and beyond in his efforts to help the nursing department with their many events. Henry was praised by the nurses and thanked with “We couldn’t have done it without you.”
Guthrie Health is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and Upstate New York, serving patients from an 11-county service area. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., and Troy, Pa., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 260 physicians and 130 mid-level providers in a regional office network encompassing sub-specialty and primary care sites in 23 communities throughout Pennsylvania and New York. Guthrie Health offers a wide range of services and programs designed to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.