Guthrie has awarded a total of 13 scholarships to local students as part of the 43rd Annual Health Professions and Employee Scholarship Program.
Four scholarships were issued to children of Guthrie employees with no restrictions on academic career interest, while the remaining nine scholarships were issued to students throughout the region whose academic endeavors will be directly related to health care. All students will receive $650 a year for four years for undergraduate studies.
Congratulations to all the scholarship recipients. This year’s winners are listed below:
Children of Guthrie Employees Scholarships:
- Anna Williams, Corning-Painted Post High School, daughter of Robert Williams (Business Officer Manager, Guthrie Corning Hospital)
- Emily Wrisley, Athens High School, daughter of Vianna Wrisley (Skilled Nursing Unit Activities, Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital)
- Darby Kasper, Mansfield High School, daughter of Kathleen Kasper (Physical Therapist, Guthrie Home Health)
- Morgan Burgess, Canton High School, daughter of Anna Burgess (LPN, Guthrie Medical Group)
Health Professions Scholarships:
- RJ Seymour, Owego Free Academy
- Theodore Steele, Towanda High School
- Maranna Nitcznski, Sullivan County High School
- Mackenzie Chilson, Wellsboro High School
- Daniel Joyce, Athens Area High School
- Destiny Decker, Bradford Central School
- Omair Irfan, Horseheads High School
- Berkley Sawester, Charles O. Dickerson High School
- Pearlanna Zapotocky, Union-Endicott High School
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and Upstate New York, serving patients from an 11-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., and Troy, Pa., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 300 physicians and 190 mid-level providers in a regional office network encompassing sub-specialty and primary care sites in 22 communities throughout Pennsylvania and New York. Guthrie offers a wide range of services and programs designed to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.