Sayre, Pa. – A total of 13 scholarships were awarded in Guthrie’s 39th Annual Health Professions and Employee Scholarship Programs.
Four scholarships were issued to children of Guthrie employees with no restrictions on academic career interest, while the remaining nine scholarships were issued to students throughout the region whose academic endeavors will be directly related to health care. All students will receive $650 a year for four years for undergraduate studies.
This year’s winners are listed below:
Children of Employees Scholarships:
• Miranda Satterly, Athens High School, daughter of Barbara Satterly (Medical Coder, Guthrie Healthcare System)
• Thomas Shenot, Athens High School, son of Joseph Shenot (Pharmacist, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital) and Sandra Shenot (Registered Nurse, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital)
• Dustin Moore, Corning East High School, son of Kimberly Moore (Regional Front Office Assistant, Guthrie Clinic)
• Dominic Parfianowicz, Elmira Free Academy, son of Gregory Parfianowicz (Physical Therapist, Guthrie Corning Hospital)
Health Professions Scholarships:
• Thomas West, Owego Free Academy
• Savannah Schools, Wyalusing Valley High School
• Kelly Bridgham, Troy High School
• Mackenzie Marple, Wellsboro High School
• Lorenzo Servedio, Sayre High School
• Henry Towery, Corning East High School
• Hasna Zainul, Horseheads High School
• Jenna Wentzel, Ithaca High School
• Natsuko Suzuki, Vestal High School
Congratulations to all the scholarship recipients.
Guthrie Health is an integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and Upstate New York, serving patients from an 11-county service area. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., and Troy, Pa., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 260 physicians and 130 mid-level providers in a regional office network encompassing sub-specialty and primary care sites in 23 communities throughout Pennsylvania and New York. Guthrie Health offers a wide range of services and programs designed to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.