Guthrie Laboratory Services is a full-service laboratory offering an array of specialized laboratory tests at six locatations in Pennsylvania and New York. Because the majority of our testing is done locally, specimens are processed quickly, results are delivered promptly, and supplies are replenished when you need them. Laboratory tests not performed at Guthrie are primarily referred to Quest Diagnostics, one of the largest reference laboratories in the U.S.
Guthrie Laboratory Services is licensed by Pennsylvania and New York State to perform testing in the following categories:
- Clinical and Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Chemistry
- Cytology Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA)
- Hematology and Coagulation
- Microbiology and Molecular Microbiology
- Toxicology (limited)
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
- Transfusion Services
Laboratory Extended Services:
To better meet the needs of our patients, Guthrie Laboratory Services also provides:
- Home Phlebotomy Services – Patients who are unable to travel and meet the Medicare Homebound guidelines, may have blood collected in their home by one of Guthrie’s phlebotomists. A physician order for homebound phlebotomy is required.
- Nursing Home Phlebotomy Services – Guthrie providers on-site phlebotomy services to our nursing home clients.
*Click here for a list of office closures, including Laboratory Testing Locations.