Join the Largest Orthopedic Team in the Area
Guthrie is seeking a board-eligible or board-certified orthopedic surgeon to join our musculoskeletal team in Cortland and Ithaca, New York.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Why Consider This Opportunity
Positive Work/Life Balance
- Typical hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Starting at 3-week vacation
- 5 personal days per year
- 7 holidays
- Generous CME – see career development below
- Very light call at a community hospital – no trauma
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary, guarantee plus RVU
- Starting bonus
- Yearly quality bonus
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/liability insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403B) with employer match up to 3% and yearly age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie has 7 residency programs including Orthopedic Surgery and three fellowship programs. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student and residency education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid – up to $15K for qualified candidates (subject to taxes)
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Hospital
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a 162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
- Acute and Inpatient care
- Cancer care
- Emergency care
- Infusion services
- Labor and delivery care
- Laboratory services
- Imaging and Radiology
- Mental Health service
- Outpatient Therapy services
- Respiratory services
- Surgical services
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
Guthrie has a strong corporate balance sheet and an A+ Standard & Poor’s bond-rating. Guthrie continues to invest in patient services, as evidenced by expanding our facilities in the Corning/Elmira and Ithaca/Cortland markets. The new Renzi Cancer Center at Guthrie Cortland Medical Center opened this fall. The harbor-front multispecialty facility in Ithaca, Guthrie Ithaca City Harbor, represents a $31 million investment and opened this spring. We continue to expand services and to grow our provider complement as evidenced by signing over 100 providers in FY21.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.