The mission of the Mansfield University Radiology Technology Program is to develop competent entry-level diagnostic radiographers. Graduates will possess knowledge and skills related to positioning patients for radiographic procedures, radiation protection, exposure technique, and image evaluation. They will also demonstrate excellence in communication, patient care, critical thinking, use of medical ethics and professionalism.
Graduates will also demonstrate familiarity with specialized radiologic modalities including Mammography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medicine, Vascular Interventional Radiography, Ultrasound, CT Scanning and Radiation Therapy. By providing a high quality academic curriculum with associated laboratories, and a guided systematic approach to clinical experience, faculty members strive to provide an integrated educational experience.
Through continual self-evaluation and measured outcomes, faculty members also strive to respond to the changing needs of the profession, so graduates become effective members of today’s health care team.
Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal #1: To provide the health care community with competent, entry-level diagnostic radiographers.
- Students will position patients accurately.
- Students will align CR accurately.
- Students will select optimal exposure factors.
- Students will apply radiation protection principles.
- Students will successfully perform diagnostic procedures while under the supervision of staff technologists.
Goal #2: Students will demonstrate appropriate patient communication and education skills.
- Students will identify themselves and the patient, verify the body part to be imaged, and obtain an accurate history
- Students will explain the procedure and process for obtaining the diagnostic report.
Goal #3: Students will demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking when performing medical imaging procedures.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking while performing radiographic procedures.
- Students will evaluate radiographic images for appropriate positioning and image quality.
Goal #4: Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate professional and ethical conduct.
Goal #5: The program will continuously monitor its effectiveness.
- Students will complete the program within three years of initial acceptance.
- Graduates will pass the ARRT Certification Exam on the first attempt.
- Graduates pursuing employment will be employed within twelve months after program completion.
Goal #6: The program will promote graduate and employer satisfaction.
- Graduates will express satisfaction with the training received during the program.
- Employers will express satisfaction with the training received during the program.