Breast Imaging Navigator, NP – Ithaca, NY/Cortland, NY/Hybrid Remote
Breast Imaging Navigator, NP – Ithaca, NY/Cortland, NY/Remote
Guthrie is seeking a Breast Imaging Navigator Nurse Practitioner to join our growing practices in Ithaca, NY and Cortland, NY.
Nurse Navigator Certification or previous experience preferred, although not required.
The best physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated healthcare delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
Highlights of the Position
- Initiate communication with patients upon learning of a suspicious mammogram or positive finding
- Assist radiologist with breast biopsies and other procedures
- Guide patients and families through the health care system; help patients be prepared for and arrive at scheduled appointments
- Communicates breast biopsy results to patients; arranges appropriate surgical referrals and appointments
- Provide breast health education to patients and families
Work Life Balance
- Availability for hybrid remote schedule
- Location flexible
- Generous Paid Time Off in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s 6 residency and 3 fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
To learn more about Guthrie and this opportunity please contact Troy Gordon at 570-887-6699 or email Troy.Gordon@Guthrie.org
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.