Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
Guthrie is seeking a fellowship trained Vascular Surgeon to provide comprehensive treatment of all vascular disorders, including carotid disease and aortic aneurysms.
Guthrie offers a full spectrum of outpatient and inpatient cardiac and vascular testing and treatments with diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization, vascular and endovascular surgery, cardiac surgery, including TAVR, electrophysiology, PVI ablations, ICD and CRT-D implantation, non-invasive testing services, cardiac rehabilitation, an arrhythmia center with left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman) and advanced cardiac imaging.
Highlights of the Position
- 100% vascular practice —including endovascular surgery, angioplasties, and stenting
- Collaborate in integrated advanced clinical care with non-invasive and interventional cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, interventional radiologists, and cardiac anesthesiologists, under the aegis of the Heart and Vascular Center.
- State-of-the-art hybrid endovascular suite, staffed with six vascular techs and two nurse practitioners
- IAC accredited Vascular Lab located in and managed by Vascular Surgery department
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
Work Life Balance
- No general surgery call, with limited night call due to general surgery residents
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong, internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s 6 residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel by calling (570) 887-5203 or by email at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org.
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., Troy, Pa. and Cortland, N.Y., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 21 communities in Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.