Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery - Physician Assistant - Sayre, PA
Join our growing OMS team in this newly established position.
Guthrie is seeking a Physician Assistant to join our growing oral & Maxillofacial Surgery service line.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter, Guthrie Medical Group. firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 607.426.6009 (cell).
Highlights of the Position
- Newly established position; unique opportunity to collaborate with Dentistry, ENT and other Departments.
- Duties will range from providing IV sedation in the clinical setting to 1st assist in facial trauma and jaw reconstruction in the operating room and wound closures.
- The scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery includes dentoalveolar (teeth extractions, dental implants), management of benign and malignant pathology, facial trauma, obstructive sleep apnea, correction of facial/jaw deformities and temporomandibular joint disorders
- Training provided within Anesthesia and Dental departments as well as off-site training opportunities in anesthesia as it relates to Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Work Life Balance
- Share first call on trauma with OMS department
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- Meeting time – 7 days with options for home study
- $1,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Relocation expenses paid up to $15,000
- Trailing Spouse placement assistance available
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.