General Surgery Residency Program Director - Guthrie Clinic - Sayre, PA
Seeking a Confident, Visionary Leader
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking a confident, visionary leader to serve as Program Director for its ACGME-accredited General Surgery Residency Program located in the Twin Tiers of Northern PA and Southern NY.
The General Surgery Residency Program was established in 1923 and is one of the most robust residencies in the country. The program has 25 residents who rotate at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, PA, Corning Hospital in Corning, NY and Cortland Medical Center in Cortland, NY. Our department is academically and clinically diverse with 22 surgeons and 7 APP’s.
We have an endowed Research Foundation to support our investigative efforts and an experienced department of Graduate Medical Education. Medical Education has been a part of Guthrie’s history since 1887 and its first surgical residency beginning in 1923. Guthrie is currently home to ten residencies and fellowships and is affiliated with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine (GCSOM) and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM).
To get the conversation started please reach out to Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter for Surgical Services at email@example.com or call/text at 607.426.6009
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- American Board of Surgery Board Certification
- Prior experience as a Program Director or Associate Director preferred
- Minimum of 4 years Clinical Practice post-residency/fellowship
- Minimum of 3 years as an active faculty member in an academic practice
- Eligibility for unrestricted PA and NY state license
- Possess strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
THIS UNIQUE POSITION OFFERS
- Strong, institutional commitment to education and research
- Supportive physicians interested in teaching
- Modern facilities with new and recently renovated patient care areas
- Ample protected time dedicated for continued program development and administrative duties
- Flexible clinical duties with the ability to focus in your area of interest
- Resources and protected time available for clinical or basic science research
- Future potential and support for the development of sub-specialty fellowships
- Strong compensation and comprehensive benefits package commensurate with experience
- For additional information about the program please visit our website: Guthrie General Surgery Residency Program
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high-quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
Whether you enjoy the outdoors, theater, museums or a winery tour at the Finger Lakes, there is a Guthrie location that is right for you. At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, PA., Corning, NY., Towanda, PA., Troy, PA., and Cortland, NY. as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 21 communities throughout Pennsylvania and New York. Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.