Radiology - Breast Imaging - Ithaca, NY
Radiology - Breast Imaging - Ithaca/Cortland, NY
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
Guthrie is seeking a BC/BE Breast Imaging Radiologist to join its Medical Imaging team.
Highlights of the Position
- 100% focus on breast imaging
- NO call, NO weekends
- Competitive salary, 40 vacation days scheduled very flexibly to fit your needs
- Strong Breast section with NAPBC accredited breast program
- Collaborative relationship with our breast surgeons and referring providers
- Robust EHR (EPIC), McKesson PACS
- State-of-the-art Hologic Selenia 3D Dimensions and Affirm Breast Biopsy Guidance Unit
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center is situated in the Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York. Nestled between Ithaca, a bustling, culturally rich college town that is home to Ivy League Cornell University, and Syracuse, a mid-sized metropolitan area, Cortland offers adventure and opportunity in any direction. Work in the heart of the Finger Lakes region, surrounded by wineries, vineyards, orchards, lake views, waterfall hiking and nearby skiing to name a few!
Work Life Balance
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
- No call, No weekends
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
To learn more about Guthrie and this opportunity please contact Krisi VanTassel at 570-887-5203 or Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org
About the Hospital
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a144-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
- Acute and Inpatient care
- Cancer care
- Emergency care
- Infusion services
- Labor and delivery care
- Laboratory services
- Imaging and Radiology
- Mental Health service
- Outpatient Therapy services
- Respiratory services
- Surgical services
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.