Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine
Academic Opportunity Available at Level II Trauma Center
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a motivated Board Certified/Board Eligible Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Physician to join its well-established team.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Highlights of the Position
- Teaching opportunities with our Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine residencies, medical students, and Respiratory Therapy students
- Active lung volume reduction (Learn more ) and interventional pulmonary medicine programs
- Robotic bronchoscopy program beginning Spring 2022
- Opportunities to build programs in key growth areas, such as pulmonary hypertension, asthma, interstitial lung disease, and/or sleep medicine
- Critical care and inpatient pulmonary care at Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, a Level II Regional Trauma Center
- Outpatient pulmonary medicine practice co-located on campus
- Robust clinical research department with 41 active clinical trials
- Section provides medical directorship to medical critical care unit located in our closed 26-bed medical, surgical, trauma, and CCU
- Epic EMR (Guthrie is an Epic 10-Star health system)
Work Life Balance
- Annual paid time off, paid holidays and sick time
- Shared call schedule
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Malpractice insurance provided, including tail coverage
- Primary licensure and DEA fees (and renewals!) paid by Guthrie
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- 14 days CME per calendar year, one week is convertible to additional PTO at your discretion
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Affinity groups available for personal and professional interests
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services