Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system is seeking a licensed clinical psychologist to join the Primary Care team at the Ithaca, NY Clinic location.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
- Eligible candidates will have graduated from an APA-accredited doctoral program in clinical or counseling psychology.
- Training and experience in clinical health psychology or integrated behavioral health is strongly preferred.
- Applicants must be license eligible in New York and Pennsylvania.
Highlights of the Opportunity
- Based on an integrated and co-located care model, the embedded psychologist will provide assessment, consultation, and short-term, targeted interventions to a wide variety of patients.
- Opportunities are available to develop and offer specialized services integrated throughout the medical system (e.g., women’s health, bariatrics, pain clinic) dependent on interest and experience.
- Opportunities for teaching and supervision may also be available.
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Kerry Hitchcock at email@example.com or 607-725-8308.
Work Life Balance
- Schedule flexibility available
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
- No call requirement
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Robust EHR (EPIC)
- Easy access to Guthrie Primary Care Physicians & Specialists
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Competitive CME Package, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.