Pediatric Hospitalist- Nurse Practitioner
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist - Robert Packer Hospital
The Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit physician-led integrated health care delivery system has an opening for a Pediatric Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner at Robert Packer Hospital (RPH). At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
·Coordinate medical management of newborns at the First Impressions Birthing Center as part of a multidisciplinary team, including family medicine residents and providers, OB/Gyn providers, anesthesia providers, and nursing staff. This is most of the clinical work of pediatrics at Robert Packer Hospital (RPH).
· Partner with nursing staff ledership and nurse educators to promote ongoing training to support competencies needed for the management of newborn and pediatric patients at RPH.
· Manage occsional inpatients on the pediatric service at RPH from admission to discharge.
·Provide occasional Emergency Room consults for children in collaboration with family medicine residents when needed.
· Facilitate occasional surgical specialty or medical specialty observations or brief admissions to RPH for pediatric patients including management of the patient as the primary pediatric service with surgical specialty or medical specialty consultation.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with advanced practitioner certification
· Pennsylvania license
· NRP and PALS certification required
The Guthrie Clinic was founded in 1910 in north central Pennsylvania and central upstate New York and provides comprehensive team-based care to patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie Clinic includes five hospitals and more than 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional network made up of 45 specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities throughout our service area. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs including home health and home care services, graduate medical education, and a research institute.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a beautiful valley in north-central Pennsylvania just a few miles from the New York border. Guthrie’s service area stretches from Corning and Ithaca, NY to Wellsboro, PA (home of the PA Grand Canyon) to Tunkhannock, PA and is less than 30 minutes from the Finger Lakes region.
For more information about these exciting opportunities, please contact Stefano Ringer at firstname.lastname@example.org, 570-887-6493. www.ichoseguthrie.org
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.