Otolaryngology - Chief of Otolaryngology - Sayre, PA
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified Otolaryngologist to join its busy well-established practice.
Highlights of the Position
- MD/DO along with Board Certification, 5 years or more experience preferred.
- Experience developing junior staff/faculty.
- Proven track record of academic accomplishments and professional service necessary to ensure the continuation and enhancement of ENT at Guthrie.
- High-volume well-established practice
- Sub-specialty program support for adult patients (Head & Neck Surgery, Rhinology, Otology) and general specialty services for pediatric patients.
- Free-standing and modern clinic facilities
- Remodeled Intensive Care and Emergency Department at Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, as well as updated ORs with robotic access.??
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
Work Life Balance
- Advanced Practice Providers support both outpatient and surgical services
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong, internal referral network
- Medical school loan repayment - $200,000
- Financial support for candidates wishing to pursue, or currently in the process of completing a fellowship.
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s 6 residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.?
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., Troy, Pa. and Cortland, N.Y., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 21 communities in Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract providers who appreciate the idea of working on a team, who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every provider at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.
If you are interested in learning more about Guthrie please visit ,http://ichoseguthrie.org/