Optometry - Ithaca, NY
$10,000 Starting Bonus! Guthrie is seeking an Optometrist to support its brand new facility in Ithaca, NY!
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie Medical Group has an opening for an full time Optometrist to join its department in Ithaca, NY.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter – Surgical Services, Guthrie Medical Group. firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 607.426.6009 (cell/text welcome).
Guthrie has a strong corporate balance sheet and an A+ Standard & Poors bond-rating. Guthrie continues to invest in patient services, as evidenced by expanding our facilities in the Corning/Elmira and Ithaca/Cortland markets. The new Cortland Cancer Center opened this fall. The harbor-front multispecialty facility in Ithaca represents a $31 million investment and is on track for a Spring 2022 opening. We continue to expand services and to grow our provider complement as evidenced by signing over 100 providers in FY21.
Highlights of the Position
- Brand new, state-of-the-art facility being built in Ithaca, NY
- Guthrie's Department of Ophthalmology is a highly successful, dynamic and growing multi specialty group with 10 Optometrists and 11 Ophthalmologists, Cataract/Comprehensive as well as subspecialists in Retina, Glaucoma, Cornea, Ocular Pathology, Oculoplastic and 1 Pediatrics
- Our highly trained Optometrists practice medical optometry, working closely and co-managing patients with our ophthalmologists
- Position will be allocated 3 exam rooms
- Diagnostic testing at this location includes Visual Fields, OCT and Fundus Photography
- Position is supported by 2 ophthalmic technicians who will provide patient work ups and diagnostic testing
Work Life Balance
- Weekly hours of Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- No call requirement
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- $10,000 Starting Bonus!
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study with option of converting one week into additional PTO.
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s 6 residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.