Optometry - Cortland, NY
Optometry - Cortland / Ithaca, NY
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
Guthrie Medical Group has an opening for an full time Optometrist to join its department in Cortland, NY.
Highlights of the Position
- Guthrie's Department of Ophthalmology is a highly successful, dynamic and growing multi specialty group with 10 Optometrists and 11 Ophthalmologists, Cataract/Comprehensive as well as subspecialists in Retina, Glaucoma, Cornea, Ocular Pathology, Oculoplastic and 1 Pediatrics
- Ability to take on a busy, growing practice
- Our highly trained Optometrists practice medical optometry, working closely and co-managing patients with our ophthalmologists
- Position will be allocated 3 exam rooms
- Diagnostic testing at this location includes Visual Fields, OCT and Fundus Photography
- Position is supported by 2 ophthalmic technicians who will provide patient work ups and diagnostic testing
Work Life Balance
- Weekly hours of Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- No call requirement
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study with option of converting one week into additional PTO.
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s 6 residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Hospital
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a144-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
- Acute and Inpatient care
- Cancer care
- Emergency care
- Infusion services
- Labor and delivery care
- Laboratory services
- Imaging and Radiology
- Mental Health service
- Outpatient Therapy services
- Respiratory services
- Surgical services