Ophthalmology - Comprehensive/Cornea - Sayre, PA
Ophthalmology - Comprehensive - Sayre, PA
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking a BC/BE Ophthalmologist focusing on a high volume cataract surgery practice. Our comprehensive team consists of 10 ophthalmologists including Retina, Glaucoma, Oculoplastic, Cornea, Ocular Pathology, Pediatric, Cataract, and General specialties, in addition to support by 9 medical based optometrists.
Highlights of the Position
- Subspecialty interest welcome along with comprehensive ophthalmology
- Well-established, high volume Cataract Practice
- Ophthalmic and optometric referral base spanning over 7 counties in the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania and Southern Tier of New York
- Emergency call rotation of 1:10 (call is 1 week out of every 10 weeks)
- Dedicated team of support staff, including ophthalmic and diagnostic technicians
- State-of-the-art operating rooms designed specifically for Ophthalmology
- Dedicated operating support team with established "On Call Eye Team"
- Clinical support of highly trained and experienced medical Optometrists
- Access to all diagnostics, lab services, and vast multi-specialty group of providers throughout Guthrie
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong, internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies.
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s General Surgery Residency offers the opportunity for clinical academic appointment. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services