Ophthalmology - Comprehensive - Ithaca, NY
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking a BC/BE medical/surgical ophthalmologist for a comprehensive/cataract practice or other surgical subspecialty/cataract surgeon interested in our well established growing multi-specialty practice in Ithaca NY, with regionalization to Cortland, NY 1 day per week. Our comprehensive MD/OD team consists of 10 ophthalmologists including Retina, Glaucoma, Oculoplastic, Cornea, Ocular Pathology, Pediatric, Cataract, and General specialties, and 10 medical based optometrists.
Highlights of the Position
- Comprehensive/Cataract Surgeon or Cornea or Glaucoma subspecialist with interest in Cataract surgery is welcome.
- Ophthalmic and optometric referral base spanning over 7 counties in the Southern Tier of New York and Northern Tier of Pennsylvania.
- Emergency call rotation of 1:9 (call is 1 week out of every 9 weeks)
- Dedicated team of support staff, including ophthalmic technicians and diagnostic technicians
- State-of-the-art operating rooms designed specifically for Ophthalmology in our Sayre, PA location
- Dedicated operating support team with established "On Call Eye Team"
- Clinical support of highly trained and experienced medical Optometrists
- Access to all diagnostics, lab services, and vast multi-specialty group of providers throughout Guthrie.
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong, internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies.
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s General Surgery Residency offers the opportunity for clinical academic appointment. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.