Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Occupational Medicine Physician to join its expanding practice.
Highlights of the Position
- If candidate is not BC/BE in Occupational Medicine but is already BC/BE in another field of medicine, then Guthrie will offer subsidized Occupational Medicine training, including the MPH and Residency
- Highly trained and experienced physicians focused on common goals
- Five (5) sister hospitals, 32 satellite offices, and several subsidiaries in system
- Enjoy a salaried opportunity, with a typical work day averaging 50% occupational- medicine physicals and 50% workers' -compensation appointments.
- Low-stress environment
- Guthrie's Section of Occupational Medicine is established, boasting over a 25-year history that is regionally unsurpassed.
- Serving over 2000 corporate clients
- Many of Fortune 500 caliber
- Very loyal
- Comprehensive service menu
- Serving over 2000 corporate clients
Work Life Balance
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
- No call, no nights and no weekends
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong, internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s 6 residency and 3 fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a144-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
- Acute and Inpatient care
- Cancer care
- Emergency care
- Infusion services
- Labor and delivery care
- Laboratory services
- Imaging and Radiology
- Mental Health service
- Outpatient Therapy services
- Respiratory services
- Surgical services
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.?