Cardiothoracic Surgery - Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
Guthrie is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join its renowned Cardiovascular team.
The best physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated healthcare delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
Highlights of the Position:
- Practice in an environment that utilizes cutting-edge techniques and technology
- Involved in all aspects of patient care - Outpatient clinic with inpatient rounding and dedicated OR time.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in first assisting and endoscopic vein harvesting.
- Surgical critical care/OR responsibilities
- Endoscopic vein harvesting
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients and orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures
- Evaluation and follow-up of patients included in various clinical trials and protocols
Work Life Balance
- Generous Paid Time Off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time 7 days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Paid relocation expenses up to $15,000
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Located on the Pennsylvania and New York border, Sayre is part of the larger community known as the Penn-York Valley or simply "The Valley." The other communities comprise Athens, PA, South Waverly, PA, and Waverly, NY. The combined population of these communities is 35,000. The Valley offers scenic countryside and rural living with easy access to larger areas such as Corning, NY, Ithaca, NY, and Binghamton, NY. I-86 is only minutes away and offers a direct route to Elmira and Binghamton, NY airports.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery