Geriatric Medicine - Nurse Practitioner
Geriatric Medicine - Nurse Practitioner - Valley area
Multiple opportunities available!
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. Were glad you are interested in joining our team.
Guthrie is seeking a motivated Nurse Practitioner with a passion for providing primary care to patients in affiliated off-site post acute care settings in Sayre and Athens, PA. The ideal candidate for this is one who seeks to impact the care and comfort of our aging population while building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
Work Life Balance
- Generous Paid Time Off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
- Call is 1:7
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Provide acute care and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Practice full-spectrum Internal Medicine / Family Medicine / Gerontological care under the Medical Directorship of a Guthrie employed Physician
- Opportunity for a mixed model practice to include Outpatient Inpatient or Long Term Care based on candidate preference
- Work with larger network of primary care physicians to provide the best care possible for residents
- Strong support from a growing team based program with multiple physicians and APPs in each facility
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's various quality improvement teams
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary offered
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- Meeting time - days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Guthrie's Robert Packer Hospital Medical Education Department offers residency programs in Family Medicine Internal Medicine and General Surgery; fellowships in GI Cardiology and Pulmonary/Critical Care to start in 2020. Medical student training is provided for students from affiliated medical schools.
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Provider professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Located on the Pennsylvania and New York border, Sayre is part of the larger community known as the Penn-York Valley or simply "The Valley." The other communities comprise Athens, PA, South Waverly, PA, and Waverly, NY. The combined population of these communities is 35,000. The Valley offers scenic countryside and rural living with easy access to larger areas such as Corning, NY, Ithaca, NY, and Binghamton, NY. I-86 is only minutes away and offers a direct route to Elmira and Binghamton, NY airports.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery