Guthrie Corning: Gastroenterology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
We are seeking a highly motivated Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our outpatient gastroenterology team. The successful candidate will provide high-quality care to our patients, working alongside our team of physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Conducting initial and follow-up patient assessments
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Developing and implementing treatment plans
- Prescribing medications and treatments
- Providing patient education and counseling
- Collaborating with other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care
- Current license in [Insert state here]
- Master's degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies from an accredited program
- Certification in gastroenterology (preferred)
- Experienced or newly graduated candidates are equally welcome
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
We offer a competitive salary ($110,000-$115,000 annual compensation) and benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan. If you are passionate about providing excellent patient care and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Guthrie Corning Hospital, located in Corning, N.Y., opened a new 65-bed hospital and regional cancer center in 2014. The new facility provides the region emergency, ICU, labor and delivery, surgical, inpatient and outpatient services including wound care, cardiology, medical imaging and cancer care services, including:
- 24-Hour emergency services with 24-hour laboratory, radiology and ultrasound support
- Ambulatory surgery
- Breast Care Center
- Cancer Center
- Coronary care, cardiology stress testing and outpatient rehabilitation
- Laboratory services
- Labor and delivery care
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
- Imaging services
- Musculoskeletal Services
Home to 10,500 residents, Corning has been described as one of "America's best small towns." Historic Market Street in Corning's Gaffer District boasts over one hundred boutique shops, bakeries, art galleries, craft beverage producers, and farm-to-table restaurant options. The Gaffer District hosts unique events every season, such as the Wineglass Marathon, GlassFest, and Sparkle. The Corning Museum of Glass welcomes thousands of visitors annually and offers live glassblowing shows and demonstrations. Upstate New York's only Smithsonian Affiliate, The Rockwell Museum, holds a world-class collection of Western and contemporary Native American Art and other rotating exhibits.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery